PRESLEY B. DARNELL (Not An Attorney)
Fort Worth, TX
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduated from University of Texas in Austin in May 1976 with a BBA in Accounting. Selected to Dean’s List and Who’s Who Among American Students in American Universities and Colleges.
- Former Special Agent (1975-2003) with IRS Criminal Investigation Division with total of 28 years of experience in conducting complex financial investigations.
- As a Senior Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service, planned and conducted investigations involving tax evasion, money laundering, structuring and other designated statues which varied in levels of complexity and scope. Some of these investigations involved inquiries into transactions and activities occurring in several states or throughout the country. Conducted many complex tax investigations involving large corporations with complex and obfuscated financial transactions where the principals had converted substantial amounts of corporate funds to their personal use, disguising the transactions as loans and return of capital.
- Last 15 years of career with IRS Criminal Investigation Division served in the capacity as Supervisory Special Agent and/or Acting Assistant Special Agent in Charge in the Dallas Field Office. As a Supervisory Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division, oversaw complex investigations involving Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force, Public Corruption, Health Care Fraud and Administrative Tax Fraud cases. Supervised staff who were assigned to High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Forces to develop money laundering investigations on large drug traffickers along the United States/Mexico border. Regularly met with supervisors with the Federal Bureau of Investigations, Drug Enforcement Agencies, U.S. Customs, state and local law enforcement and prosecutors to coordinate efforts to work the investigations in the most effective and efficient manner.
- As a Special Agent, certified as an expert summary witness.
- Testified on numerous occasions in criminal trials as an investigator on behalf of the U.S. Government.
- Taught classes to agents and managers regarding the proper use of investigative techniques as they apply to complex white collar fraud investigations.
- From 2004 through 2014 provided investigator services to the Tarrant County DA’s Office in the investigation of large scale, highly complex economic crime cases.
- Since leaving federal employment, have provided forensic consulting services in complex civil litigation matters to law firms in both Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Currently an independent contractor working as a Private Investigator with SPI Services, Inc. in the DFW area.
- Graduated # 1 out of 48 at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia.
- Received numerous superior performance awards throughout career, both as an agent and supervisor.
- Received letters of commendation from various Federal Law Enforcement Agencies, including the DEA, the FBI, the U. S. Postal inspection Service and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Northern District of Texas.
- As a consultant with the Tarrant County D A’s Office, led and directed an investigation that lasted almost two years and involved the analysis of over 35,000 documents, and resulted in the conviction of two defendants for the misapplication of over $750,000 of County funds.
- As a consultant to a Dallas civil law firm, conducted and directed an internal investigation for a large medical supply company in Fort Worth that identified and corrected employee fraud and malfeasance. Along with the medical company CFO, conducted multiple interviews of mid level managers that resulted in confessions and voluntary terminations. The success of this investigation saved the company from potentially losing its largest client.
- Recently was designated by a District Court Judge in Reagan County Texas to conduct a forensic analysis of several businesses relative to a pending civil matter.
- Currently serving on the Texas Wesleyan University Forensic Fraud Advisory Committee.